Lenco drive vent/over flow tank

Drew556

can you hook it into the engine puke tank or does it need to have a separate tank we have a Jeffers corvette that uses the upper frame rail as part of the puke tank to the back of the car could I tie into that or would it allow alky or engine oil to possibly get into the trans?

Jason kalso

I've seen some pro mods done this way also. With a -4 or -6 welded to the upper rail and vent that way. Was getting ready to do my quickdrive the same way.

Mike Canter

I would highly recommend not using the same overflow tank because when the fluid from the Lenco goes up into the overflow tank it will drain back into the Lencodrive after the run. If you also have it hooked to the engine it will contaminant the transmission fluid. Also make sure the overflow tank for the Lencodrive is mounted higher than the transmission so it will drain back.

Mike Canter

I think ours is about two quarts. The only time it has come close to full is if something caused the converter drive or converter to get real hot. It does get fluid in it every run but then after the fluid flows back into the converter drive.