E3 Spark plugs

Mike Canter

Theoretically that should be a great plug with less chance of miss fire but with three ground straps and whatever you call that flat piece they attach to I think you have more chance of heating it and becoming a glow plug and causing pre-ignition and destroying the motor. Also lastly does it burn off the coating enough that you can read it. A single groundstrap plug starts the coating burn right at the ground strap and works its way around the base. How will the E3 plug show its burn and will it reflect the same combustion chamber temperature as the NGK 6061 plug. Does E3 list a crossover plug for the NGK 6061-11?

greenracing

I agree with Mike, I'd be concerned about the glow-plug factor. I think even if they work, you're looking at a whole new plug reading method. If I want to burn the cad 1/4 to 1/2 around how does that work with all those straps on it. I'm sure once you figure out what it does you'll be able to read it, but getting to that point might be a little scary.

greenracing

I found the E3 ads during yesterday's Pomona broadcast interesting/humorous when they had several TF drivers claiming that they run E3 plugs. I'm wondering if there's a bit of 'truth in advertising' conflict going on here...

Mike Canter

Lol, maybe that is why John Force went 335 mph. Well, E3 would have to pay a TF driver a lot of money to switch. Maybe a car that is not in the top ten.

qtrmiler

I'm thinking their answer if asked would be that they are running them in their daily driven car or tow vehicle. Not lying just stretching the truth a little by insinuating they use them in their fueler.