Big Chief Donovan wet sump

67promod

Can I reliably run a wet sump with my blown Donovan? I bought the engine complete, ran a couple half passes, 1/8 mile...oil pressure dropped quick, 2 seconds...it has a Moroso gerotor pump, an old Johnston 2 piece pan with the balls, had 12 qts of 50wt VR1 in it....thought I'd give it a shot, no good! I'd really like to keep a wet sump...I'm willing to buy any pan, pump combo. Any ideas\recommondations? Thanks guys!

Ray Leyten

I use to run a BBC with a wet sump on a Blown deal with 11 quarts on 1/4 mile and was fine. I have a 481X that I want to convert to a wet sump with 15/16 quarts and run 1/4 mile. From what I researched as long as I have a pan that can hold 15/16 quarts it will make it down the track safe. It will take 17 lbs out of the front of the car by doing this.
Not sure if this helps you or not. Its a System one pump. The 1.8 high pressure pump for the screw. System one may recommend a Low pressure if you a Roots but I would ask them and they should be able to tell you how many quarts you would need to make it down the track safe.

67promod

I use to run a BBC with a wet sump on a Blown deal with 11 quarts on 1/4 mile and was fine. I have a 481X that I want to convert to a wet sump with 15/16 quarts and run 1/4 mile. From what I researched as long as I have a pan that can hold 15/16 quarts it will make it down the track safe. It will take 17 lbs out of the front of the car by doing this.
Not sure if this helps you or not. Its a System one pump. The 1.8 high pressure pump for the screw. System one may recommend a Low pressure if you a Roots but I would ask them and they should be able to tell you how many quarts you would need to make it down the track safe.
Thanks Ray...I talked to Mark at System One, he sent me down the right path.