pro mod clutch

Mike Canter

IMG_1073.JPG Never had a problem with the CS2. It is a lot easier to set up and maintain. No pull checks required. It is lighter than a CS1. There are two versions of the CS2 one with small shafts inside and one with big shafts. See the photo above to see the difference. Make sure you get a big shaft unit. The other thing you need is a special washer to go around the sun gear snap ring to stop it from snap ring from coming out when used with a converter. You can get them from Lenco or Synder Motorsports. Really the CS2 fixed everything that was wrong with a CS1.

Mike Canter

Nope they are different gear sets. If I remember correctly you can look at the front of the CS2 at the splines on the input shaft and count the splines. Big shaft has 35 splines. Sorry I don't know how many on a small shaft other than less than 35 and maybe 32

Drew556

Lenco drive is a cs2 and about 50 lbs lighter because you don't have a drive unit and a trans hooked to the back it's all built together

jim wiens

ok mike you sold me on the convertor, I guess ill have to see what i can get a deal on, Im kinda interested in the setup you were talking about with the bruno and a cs2, is that trans strong enough? I always thought everyone with a blown hemi was running a cs1. what kind of difference in the cs1 vs 2
lol you will find no deals the new trick of the week trans and convertor will be in the 20 k range.As a total hard core clutch guy i agree with Mike if you have zero clutch experience go with a convertor.Talk to Marty chance tell him what you have and buy whatever he recommends !!!!!! I have been doing the clutch deal for about 20 years i am to far gone to change.Depending on your floater materials and facings on the flywheel and pressure plate you can go a whole race and not remove the bell housing but between races everything has to be ground perfectly flat disks have to be rockwell checked etc etc lots of prep work to make sure the clutch and car do the same thing every run !!!!